Sunday, October 28, 2007

I wanna be a Cowboy, baby

What a tiring weekend!! Tony Romo and the boys had this weekend off, but that meant that it was time to start training to become a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader for the 2008-2009 season. I didn't think much of it, I mean, I knew that I would be able to make the team with my Mom's cheerleading skills. I must admit though, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. They really did work us! First of all they made us do side leg raises.


Then we had to do sit ups. But not just regular sit ups. We had to put our legs up in the air THEN do the sit up. This was much harder than what I'm used to. Usually Mom and Dad will grab my hands and help pull me up. Not this time!

Worst of all, they made us army crawl. Seriously?! I'm only 4 months! I got tired from that one real fast, and decided to do what I do best on my belly... suck on my hands.

Finally we were able to move on to some fun stuff! Daddy helped me with my try-out cheer. I told him I wanted Mom to help me, but he insisted.

Lastly, I needed to take some notes from some of the other teams and their cheerleaders, so I turned on the end of the Redskins/Patriots game.

Then came the time that we had all been waiting for... the announcement of the new 2008-2009 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I was so scared as they started going through the list of names. They got through the entire list and they hadn't said my name. I couldn't believe it. After all of the hard work and time I put into this, and I didn't even make the team.

Wait! What?! They forgot one name... Sophia Noelle Sawyer!! Hey, that's me! I did it, I made the team!! All of my hard work paid off, I am so happy! Mom & Dad are going to be so proud of me!! Sorry Grandma Sharon, but I prefer to wear a Romo jersey over a Manning jersey.

2 comments:

April said...

Suz - This blog entry is great. I love it! She's so adorable (but you already know that, right?)!!

April aka Speedy

Rikki said...

Aww so cute! My little Alexander is a Cowboy Linebacker in training LOL. Too bad Sophia will prob date the quarterback!!

Rikki
(JulyMommy2007)