Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On vacation :)

Sunday evening (after Sesame Street Live... those pictures to come later) we left for our vacation! We got in the car about 6pm and drove until we got a little south of Atlanta. About 9 hours later, we finally stopped around 2:30am.

The girls were great in the car. Logan was asleep by 8pm laying along the back seat. Grandma Sue and Sophia were in the middle, and Brian and I were up front. Sophia is usually in bed around 7:30pm so thought she'd be asleep atleast by 10pm. 12:45am, she was still awake!! Luckily we had the van with the DVD player and Elmo, that really saved us. She was awesome in the car though, even though she had a couple minor meltdowns. But what do you expect when you have a 22 month old sitting in the car for that long?!

Monday morning we got up and drove the rest of the way to our destination... Douglas, Georgia. Everybody was excited to see us, especially Sophia, since she has changed so much since they all last saw her. And she was her usual self, hamming it up for everybody.

Tuesday we relaxed most of the day, ran a few errands, but nothing major.

Today we went to Jekyll Island, GA and spent the day. We took Grandma Sue, Emilia, Ellie, and the girls. Logan got to see the ocean for the first time and loved it. Sophia saw the ocean last year in Florida but actually walked around in the sand for a bit this time.

All of my pics will come later when we get home and I can upload them :)

I will post about the rest of the week later.

There might be a slight change of plans now though. Sophia and I may be extending our stay with the family. Every year Grandma Sue has a condo in Long Boat Key, FL (near Sarasota) Last year we were able to make it. This year due to my work schedule (tax time, busy for me) we weren't able to plan around it. However, with my work leave right now, Sophia and I may stay with the rest of them and then fly back later on next week. That solves a couple problems... #1, I won't have to ride in the car for 12 hours home. #2, Sophia won't have to ride in the car miserable for 12 hours. Even just going to Jekyll Island today, she was very sick of being in her car seat!! However, I would have to fly home alone with her, 30 weeks pregnant, holding her on my lap. Probably not the most comfortable thing, but I think we can deal with the 2 hour straight flight home.

Still not for sure, we'll see what happens!! I think we're going to end up staying though... too bad Logan won't be able to since she has school. But since I'm off work, I might as well enjoy the time and get some relaxation at the pool and on the beach :)

No comments: