Thursday, May 29, 2008

How did I get so lucky?

(This post is from Mommy)

As I laid in bed last night I just kept thinking how lucky I am to have such a wonderful baby! Seriously. You hear people all of the time talking about how their babies don't sleep well at night, or don't nap well, or don't eat well, or don't play well by themselves. Something. How did I get so lucky that mine does all of these things well?

She is a great sleeper at night. She will sleep from 8p or 9p until 7a or 8a without waking up (other than a few nights of teething... but that is expected.) And she has been like this since about 3 months.

She is a great napper. She will take a 1-3 hour nap in the morning and then another 1-3 hour nap in the afternoon. All we have to do is lay her in her crib and she goes to sleep.

She LOVES to eat. No teeth, but she sure does love her food! She has never been picky (definitely doesn't get that from me!) and will eat anything. Loves chicken, cheese, peas, green beans, bananas, peaches, cheerios, spaghetti... you name it.

She plays well by herself. I think daycare has helped her a lot as far as being around other children and playing with them. But she will crawl around to her toys at home and play with them for hours at a time. Now, she does love it more when we play with her (especially Logan)... but is also very content by hersef.

She is a happy baby. I can't tell you how many times I have people tell me that she is such a wonderful and happy baby! "I can't believe how good she is... and so happy!" or "She is so happy... is she like that all of the time?" Yes, mostly. People can hardly believe it. We can take her anywhere, anytime... she will sleep where she needs to when she is tired. She rarely is fussy. Although lately she has learned to throw some fits which I find to be very amusing :)

I'm still not sure how I got so lucky, but I did. I honestly couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby, and that is exactly what she is. I am so honored to have her as my own. I can't believe that she will be 1 year old in less than a month. It seems like just yesterday that I carried her out of the hospital in my arms. Where has the time gone? I miss when she was a baby, but she only gets more fun as the days go by and I am looking forward to the happiness and joy that she will continue to bring me.As her 1st birthday rolls around, I'm sure it will be hard for me but also exciting at the same time. I know there will be days that I cry my eyes out because she isn't going to be a "baby" anymore - and I'm sure the night before her birthday I will be holding her and sobbing.

There are still nights that I will hold her (just because I can, and because she will let me) and she will fall asleep in my arms at night. I just sit and stare at her, and kiss her eyes, and cheeks, and nose. Over and over. Then I tuck her into bed.

She amazes me every single day. She is so smart and beautiful. I look at her in awe most of the time. I can't believe just how pretty she really is (and I'm not just saying that because she is mine) but because she really is beautiful. She has the simple beauty that I've always loved. Not only did I get the baby girl I really wanted... but she is perfect.

Again, how did I get so lucky?

1 comment:

Hendryx2003 said...

You, Brian, and God have everything to do with it. She is great because you and Brian are wonderful, caring, fun, and loving parents! She is taken care of and loved so much. She is lucky too! Isn't it great?