Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Again, already?

Mommy told me this morning that we had to go back to the doctor to get some more shots. It feels like we were just there! I decided that I was going to be in a good mood anyways - no use getting all worked up over it, right? Mommy and I played this morning when I got up. I've been sleeping very good lately for her and Daddy. I usually go to bed around 8:30p and then sleep until about 7:30a. I guess that's pretty good for my age.

Here I am getting ready to go to the doctor.


We got there and only had to wait a minute until it was my turn. Mommy got me down to my diaper and then they weighed me. I weighed 15 lbs exactly! I was also 25 1/8 inches long. I sure am growing, but also still a little peanut! Here I am playing, waiting for my doctor to come in and see me.


Then she came in and checked me out, said I look great! Mommy told her how good of an eater and sleeper I am. Then she left and her nurse came in with a basket full of shots. FOUR of them. Usually I only get three, but this time I had to get an extra one (the flu shot) since I am now old enough. I was a trooper as usual. I only cried when she gave me the shots, then Mommy picked me up and I stopped crying right away. The nurse was like, "That's it?!" Yep. I'm a big girl. Then I started laughing at the nurse and she couldn't believe it.

I fell asleep on the way home but woke up when we got there. This is how Mommy found me.

Who says you can't be happy when you return home from getting four shots?

The doctor's visit really wasn't that bad. I have to go back again when I am 9 months, but I don't have to get shots then. No more shots until I'm 1 year old.

No comments: