Tuesday, May 26, 2009

36 weeks, 4 days

That's how pregnant I am. I can't believe that I have my c-section scheduled for 2 weeks from today! I will be 38 weeks, 4 days when I have Ella. I was also 38 weeks, 4 days when I had Sophia.

I had my 36 week check up today and I actually had progressed some. I am 3cm dilated and 75% effaced, which could mean something or could mean nothing. I'm sure it means nothing! I really do not think that Ella will be arriving early, although if she is ready, I am DEFINITELY ready. The past few days I've been extremely sore... and part of that is because she has also dropped (per my doc.) So, now we just wait. Now the question is this - I have a good friend that is getting married on Saturday and the wedding is about 2 hours away. To go, or not to go? The doc "preferred" that I don't go but said to see how I'm feeling etc. Then she wanted me to check and see if it's easy access to hit the main roads and get home if need be. I think I'll wait and see how I'm feeling later this week and then decide.

It's crazy to believe that Ella now weighs about 6 lbs and is packing on about an ounce a day. She is also approximately 18 1/2 inches long! Sophia came to this world weighing 7 lbs, 7 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. I'm curios to see how big Ella will be :)

And I can't help but wonder what she will look like. I can only picture Sophia.

No comments: