Monday, May 11, 2009

Bye Bye Paci

Or her "pass" as she calls it. Sophia and her "pass" are BFF and I have been dreading the day that we were going to try and give it up. The past week or so I have been telling her that she only gets her pac when she goes night, night. I gradually introduced that idea to her, but didn't push it 100%. Saturday though when she got up for the day I told her we needed to leave her pac in her crib and she could only have it when she was sleeping. All day Saturday and Sunday she only got it when she was sleeping in her bed - naps and night time.

Surprisingly she didn't ask for it too much. Every now and then she would say, "I pac!" and I would just ask her, "Do you want to go night, night? We only get pac when we go night, night." and she would say, "No." and then "O-tay!" She hasn't fought me for it yet. I'm sure she will, but she has been great without it. Even yesterday when we were at the zoo and she missed her nap, she didn't ask for it. We got in the car and she fell fast asleep without asking for it.

So... so far, so good :)

(The first picture I have with her and her pac)


(The last picture I took with her and her pac)

2 comments:

Donna said...

OOOHHH I bet it was harder for you then it was for her!!!!

Unknown said...

I hope it goes well.

Love her water bottle, where did you get that?