Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

To sum it up - the perfect day.

It started out with Brian bringing me breakfast in bed which consisted of 2 pancakes from Cracker Barrel (my FAVE right now), a glass of milk, and a rose :) Then Sophia and Logan came into the room and of course Sophia wanted some - "I some!" so she sat on my lap as I fed her the pancakes and ate some myself. Then on to downstairs which had 2 dozen yellow and orange roses on the table, along with another beautiful orchid, and some of my favorite dessert from a place nearby!

We then decided to go to the zoo. It was either that or go shopping for the baby, but I figured we should do something we all would enjoy! The zoo was perfect. Not hot, not cold, and not too busy! The kids were so good and we had an amazing time.

We went to the dolphin show and Logan wanted to sit in the "splash area" so we sat down there. Needless to say, we got a bit wet :)

(all of the pictures are from my camera phone, I forgot my other camera!)



After the dolphins splashed us, every time Sophia saw them jump she would cover her eyes, it was hilarious!



Here are some other pictures of the animals.





We also went on the 3D Spongebob Squarepants ride.



Then by the time we got to the car Sophia was FAST asleep. She was only an hour and a half late on her nap :) But even so, she was awesome the entire trip! I think she knew it was Mother's Day.



We got home and rested for a little bit and played outside. Then we headed down the road to Q-Doba for dinner. We let Sophia go down the slide at the park, too. We didn't have much of a choice really, as soon as we walked out of the doors of the restaurant she yelled, "Slide!" and took off running. She loves the slide.



We got home from dinner, gave Sophia a bath, and ate some of the yummy dessert I had gotten earlier in the morning. I read a few books to her, cuddled a little, and laid her down for bed. When I laid her down she said, "Cover up!" (she wanted me to cover her up) and then said, "Night, night. Wuv you!" and slept the entire night without waking up.

It seriously was the perfect day and I'm so blessed to have a wonderful and caring husband, a great step daughter, and the most perfect baby girl in the world. And another one on the way :)

1 comment:

The Roose Family said...

Sounds like the perfect day!