Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm a big girl now

Last night we decided to try Sophia out in her new "big girl bed" and her "big girl room." She now has Logan's old room and Logan is in the downstairs room. This past weekend we got a lot of the moving done and got Sophia's new room painted and some of her things set up. I've been looking forward to getting her in her big girl bed since I want to get her transitioned before the baby comes. I've also been dreading it. If you know my daughter, you know that she has a mind of her own and is very "determined." To my surprise, she fell right asleep and slept all night without waking up, and slept in until 8:30am!

She went right into her new room for "night, night" and I put her up in the bed. She laid right down and said, "Night, night!" I think she was a bit confused at first, I could see her through the video monitor. She stood up against the guard rail we have on the front and was looking around. I could hear her whimper quietly a couple of times but then she laid right back down and then she was asleep! I couldn't believe it was that easy. I kept waking up all night, waiting for her to wake up and be confused, but she didn't. She had familiar stuff in there so that was nice.

8:30a rolls around and she was stirring so I went up there to peek at her :) And here is her first picture in her big girl bed. She's still kinda out of it.



What I loved most is that I crawled right up there with her and laid with her for a few minutes. Then she started tickling me and we just laid there playing and cuddling :) Then I had to drag her out because she kept saying, "I night, night!"

Here are a few more pictures I got.







Let's hope it's not a fluke and she continues this! I know there will be days & nights she climbs out, but atleast she gets the picture right now.

It also makes me sad because that means she is growing up :(

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE that last pic of Phia! How can that smile not make you want to lol every time!! She's just sooo cute!!! YAY for the big girl bed...they grow to fast though!!