Friday, November 16, 2007

Finally, some real food

Last night was a big night for me. I had cereal for the first time! It's about time Mom & Dad. I had been trying to drop them hints that I'm ready for the cereal and they finally got the point. When they would eat their food I would follow the spoon or fork from the plate to their mouth. Over and over. They didn't get the hint. I would also try and grab their plates and food. Still, nothing. Mom even let me have some of her popsicle which I LOVED. I thought that this may do the trick but it didn't. Finally last night they set me in my new high chair for some cereal! The high chair is a little big still, the shoulder straps are way higher than my actual shoulders, but that's OK! And here it is, my first picture of getting cereal. As you can tell I am anxiously awaiting!

Then the moment that I had been waiting for... the first taste of it. I wasn't too sure what to think at first...


But then I really enjoyed it!

Mom wasn't shoveling the food in fast enough though, I was starved! It was around 6:30pm and I hadn't eaten since 2pm! Between bites I was yelling at Mom telling her to hurry up! Then I finally told her to just give me the bowl!

And actually, while you are at it, give me the spoon, too!! I can do it myself!

Then I started to get full. I didn't have anymore room left in my belly.

And sleepy.

It had been awhile since my last nap and it was time for my evening one. But I had to clean up before I got out of my high chair.

There! I think I got it all!

I had a great experience with my first bowl of cereal and it was so yummy! Mommy kept saying how impressed she was with me. I didn't even really try to spit the cereal back out at her, I just wanted to eat it all! I'm so glad Mom & Dad finally got the hint that I was ready. Afterall, I really just needed them to get it ready for me. I could do the rest!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Sophia,

I am so excited to see you monday! I can't wait to see you eat real food! And you just keep spitting cereal at mommy, she'll always give you more! See you soon!

Charity