Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Three is enough

Today was the day that all 4 month old babies dread - 4 month shots!! I had no idea that Mommy was taking me to the doctor for these! Seriously? I just got over from being sick. I was just starting to play more and laugh all of the time again. I started out the morning playing in my Baby Einstein exersaucer. Well, if chewing on it is considered "playing".

After Mommy & I got done playing it was time to go. We left the house and I was in such a great mood. I was excited to go back and see my doctor, even though I just saw her on Monday to make sure I didn't have an ear infection. Here I am right before we left the house, all bundled up and ready to go!

We got to the doctor's office and we had to wait awhile until my doctor got in there. I was bored so Mommy gave me a book to read. She was trying to distract me from what was about to happen. I loved the book though. It was called "My Day".

Then Mommy broke the news to me. She said that after the doctor checked me out then the nurse would be in to give me THREE shots. THREE?! What am I? A pin cushion?! Oh, and another vaccine that I had to drink. I could NOT believe it. As soon as she told me I tried calling Daddy to come and get me. He was in a meeting though so he didn't answer his phone. I was so sad!

So I decided to stop being a baby (no pun intended) and just get the shots. Afterall, my doctor told Mommy that her and Daddy needed to get the flu shot to help protect me from being sick again. Mommy doesn't mind getting a shot, but I think Daddy would rather me get the flu than him get a flu shot! I really don't want to have the flu again though. The nurse came in and Mommy stood over me to distract me. She had a hold of my hands so I didn't clock the nurse when she stuck me. Needle #1 went in, my face went beat red. My little tongue curled up in my mouth and I made the saddest face you have ever seen. By the time I actually let out my cry, the nurse was done with the third shot. That was one loud cry! But I'm a big girl and I only cried for about 3 seconds and then stopped. The nurse told me she thinks that is the shortest cry that she has ever heard out of anybody my age. What can I say? I'm a tough cookie. She did give me 3 really cool Snoopy band-aids though! It's OK, it looks worse than it really was.

After we left the doctor's office, Mommy had to go pick up sissy from school. We were on the way home and Mommy told sissy that I get to start having cereal in a few weeks, when I get to be about 5 months old. Sissy asked if I could start out with Life cereal. I think we'll stick to the baby rice cereal first, then move to the good stuff. Also, when I am 6 months, I get to eat stage 1 baby foods! I can't wait! And what's even cooler is that I will be 6 months on Christmas day. Merry Christmas to me! When I got home I wanted to play for a little bit, so Mommy and sissy played with me. I learned a new trick in the last couple days, I can grab my feet! Mommy was soooooooo excited when she first saw me do this, she had been waiting awhile for this!

Here is another shot of my cool band-aids. Too bad they clash with my outfit.

After I got done playing on the floor Mom wanted to try on another new pair of Baby Legs that Grandma Sharon sent. They were so cute! And I looked ADORABLE in them!

Oh, I almost forgot, I now weigh a whole 13 lbs and 3 ounces!! I am also 24 inches long. I am in the 50th percentile for weight and between the 25th-50th percentile for my height. I will have to thank Mom & Dad for that last one. We all know that they aren't the tallest people in the world. I had such a long day that I wanted to take a bath tonight to relax. Once I got out of the bath tub I ate before I went to bed. Actually I was in the middle of eating, Mommy was burping me and then this is what happened:

Yes, it is exactly what it looks like. I feel asleep sitting up. I guess that's what happens when you get stuck with three different needles. I told Mommy that three is enough. No more please.

No comments: